Thursday, March 25, 2010

Journal #5, Faham

After what felt like a hundred years we saw a Ship coming towards us. It was a sight I have been yearning for days. As the ship was coming closer we all got together on a hill that was closest to the ship and started yelling just in case they didn’t see us. In my opinion we were yelling because of all the happiness that was inside us. Now that I was leaving I thought about all the things that were good about this island. I learned leadership, patience and most of all survival skills. I intend to keep these skills so that in the future I may be able to use them when needed. With all the positive experience’s I had in this island there were also negative ones. This was the hardest time I have had in my life and know that nothing worse can come. I understood that even when we need to work together there are some people who will come out to be deceiving, greedy and violent. When I come to think of it our past situation matches the book Lord of the flies. Such as the way we had to survive by hunting for pigs, making shelters etc. In my opinion I think that the kid in Lord of the flies had it harder for many reasons. The first was that they had too many kids that were still immature and could not help but made it harder for Jack since they started the rumour of a monster. Second was that no one died in our group but in there group because of Jack 2 people had died and another died in the starting. If I imagine myself in that group I would take control and make Jack my right hand and keep him under pressure so that he would not ruin everything. Also with that kind of group I would be forced to become more autocratic and make sure that everything would be in order. But since luck was on my side I didn’t end up with a group like that.

(348)

0 comments:

Post a Comment