Sunday, February 28, 2010

Journal #1, Faham

The storm was terrible, it lasted for hours and we didn’t know what to do, in my opinion we were lucky to even survive that storm. Luckily we didn’t lose any of our items but I think that we may have lost our courage to actually survive on the island. That night was as if the storm was trying to hurt us but our luck had helped us survive. It was a storm I have never seen before, trees were falling thunder brightened the sky and at one point it looked as if the thunder hit the ground and left a scar, rain was pouring on us and I could barely see past 10 meters without drops of rain attacking my eyes. It was like a nightmare you are wishing to end but for some reason you won’t wake up. Right after the storm had settled and I knew one thing for sure was that this was not the last time we would see this horror. We needed to prepare and be ready for what was coming for us. The first solution would be making a shelter that was strong enough to withstand force and good enough to us. Also it was inevitable that a storm won’t destroy our shelters so we needed a cave with which we could stay in whenever there is an incident like that again. But to survive on the island we need food and water which would have to be searched for in groups. After a lot of negotiation everyone had picked me as there leader since I felt that I would be able to help us get out of here and that it I was confident enough to run the group. After the storm had ended we were left with sufficient supplies which were:

large plastic sheet

flippers and harpoon

first aid kit

knives

signal flares

hammer and nails

mosquito netting

rope

axe

tool box.

This was my first day on the island and hopefully my worst day.

Faham Khan

(303)

0 comments:

Post a Comment